OnSwipe redirect code

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Avoiding seeing your XP in the old pale Win 98 way

How to Fix Windows XP Theme Problems > Tutorials, Bug Fixes, Subscriber Articles, Hosting DotNetNuke at Godaddy > My .NET Nuke Blog - Internet, Blogging, DotNetNuke, Tutorials, Windows, How to Articles, Fun, Free Stuff, Reviews

For some reason when I got my laptop my XP looked the good old Win 98 with the default grey color theme. I thought it was optimized for performance than for visual effects. Later when I actually wanted to see my machine in a beautiful way (Specially after decorating my FF with the Chromifox theme) I realized that the XP theme was not present in the drop down at all. My first thought was that it is some corporate limitation and cursed the rules and restrictions and all that. But I was sure I would not be the first person and hence hit our friend in need - Google. After wading through several pages telling me to download the default XP theme - Luna or a modified version of it I finally landed at the page linked at the top of the post. It gives clear steps to get back the charm on your XP machine and enjoy the beauty of today's computer instead of brooding over the past decade's sober ones.

The particular thing that I had to do was to enable the Themes service. It was turned off and was set to manual activation. I changed to automatic start and voila !! -- my machine became beautiful and there by making my FF a lot more pleasing.
Not jus that almost every application now appears beautiful including the MS-Outlook -- yeah, MS-Outlook.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment